Forecourt and Impulse BuyerLocation: Head Office
Dept: Administration and Support
Job Code: HOBUYFC
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced buyer to join our team in the Westmorland Family Head Office here in Cumbria and reporting to our Commercial Director. You will be responsible for growing the size and profitability of our forecourt retail business through ongoing offer development in what is a key growth area for the business.
The accountabilities will include:
• Developing the overall forecourt retail offer through ongoing range and category innovation to meet existing and new customer needs.
• Sourcing and maintaining forecourt retail products in a profitable and sustainable manner, in-line with our procurement principles and company values.
• Working with the food development team to maintain and develop the forecourt food service offer.
• Maintaining and sourcing impulse and branded grocery product ranges for our Farmshops alongside the Farmshop buying team.
• Co-ordinate product ranges, pricing and promotional activity with Farmshop and catering teams where appropriate.
• Ensure an efficient and effective supply chain that balances stock holding, operational needs and availability.
• Work with the buying admin team to maintain a consistently accurate product file
• Communicate the offer effectively to the site operational teams, seeking and acting on operational and customer feedback
With a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in a food retail buying role our forecourt and impulse buyer will have strong analytical skills and the ability to understand commercial performance to develop relevant, exciting and innovative customer offers. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate with internal and external teams and will need to possess exceptional communication and negotiating skills to build strong commercial relationships with suppliers. An appreciation of locally sourced and authentically made products is key; as is drive and influencing skill to deliver the role successfully.
The Westmorland Family is a second generation family business which started in 1972 when the M6 was built through the Dunning’s hill farm in Cumbria and Tebay Services was born. Our farm still feeds our business and our farm heritage is important in everything we do. We are proud to be a food business; we love food and we think how it is sourced, how it’s made and how it tastes and looks is important. We make our own food for our kitchens and in our Farmshops and forecourts we form close partnerships with small producers who are doing something unique and brilliant. If its sounds like we are different to most motorway services that’s because we are.
If you want to be part of a growing family business please attach a covering letter along with your CV telling us why you are right for this role.
Closing date 21st December 2017, Interviews to be held January 2018