Chef / CookLocation: Gloucester Services
Job Code: GHM82
- Chef or Cook required at Gloucester Services, listed in the Good Food Guide, 2016
- Up to £20,966 per year for full time hours
- No split shifts, set rota, free food whilst on shift, colleague discount and a great opportunity to work with fresh, local produce
Here at Gloucester Services we want to celebrate the place we are in; its natural environment, its products and its people and its community. We make our own food and work we work with small, local producers.
We have enjoyed an accolade of awards including the first ever listing for a motorway services in the Good Food Guide 2016! We are proud of everything we do and what makes our business different.
This all starts in our Kitchen, where we have a fierce passion to use the best quality sourced products, always local if we can. Our chef's take pride in using traditional and home-made methods to produce the best tasting food for our customers.
We are looking for a Chef who shares our passion for using fresh local ingredients and will relish the responsibility for the food offer to our customers.
The role will include preparing hot meals for our café and putting the finishing touches to the seasonal dishes created by our team of chefs in our central production unit.
You will have:
- A love for food, how it is sourced, how it is made how it looks and how it tastes
Experience as either a chef or cook in a catering or kitchen environment
- Calm and organised person with the ability to follow recipes and Company procedures to consistently high standards
- Understanding of all areas of food hygiene and safety and organisational systems to deliver the best quality dishes
A team player who will embrace the opportunity to develop themselves and to share your knowledge and skills with your colleagues, including working with and supporting an apprentice chef
This is a great opportunity to work in a kitchen without split shifts and on a set rota!We have excellent benefits which include loyalty holiday rewards, company pension, free colleague meals whilst on duty and free colleague parking. We also provide a 50% subsidised colleague bus which may assist with getting to and from work.
The role is for full time hours, 45 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days on a rolling pattern of early, late and weekend shifts.
Salary: £20,966 per annum*
Location: Gloucester Services, between junctions 11a and 12 of the M5, on the outskirts
*Pay may differ for under 18 years old.