Catering Shift ManagerLocation: Gloucester Services
Job Code: GHM878
Gloucester Services have a fierce passion for, and a pride in, our landscape, our people, our environment and its products; we are an award winning motorway service area on the M5 southbound and northbound (between Junctions 11A and 12).
Listed in the Good Food guide, our café offers a range of homemade soups, hot meals, a healthy deli counter; home baked cakes plus fair trade tea and coffee and freshly squeezed fruit juice, most of it made in our own kitchen and bakery.
We require an experienced Catering Shift Manager to join our busy catering department which consists of the Café and Quick Kitchen teams.
More than just managing you will lead by example to ensure your team deliver the exceptional level of service, standards and availability that our customers expect of the Westmorland Family. You will be responsible for managing a smooth and effective shift including the below duties:
- Plan, forecast and complete rotas to maximise staffing levels taking account of customer demand, trade, holiday and absence management
- Recruitment and first 12 week reviews
- Monitoring margins, stock levels, placing orders and controlling wastage
- Ensuring all paperwork is compliant and completed accurately on time including COSHH controls and company Health and Safety
- Training and developing your team, sharing your expertise and celebrating success.
- Driving sales growth and assisting the Catering Operations Manager with financial performance
- Liaise with all departments on issues relating to maintenance, health and safety, marketing, staff performance, conduct and development and training.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in people management, ideally in a high volume catering department. You will be a real team player who will relish the challenge of leading and developing a large and diverse team to achieve their best. You will have a passion to provide fresh, homemade, local food of the highest quality and support the wider management team to deliver this on a daily basis.
We have competitive pay rates and benefits which include loyalty holiday rewards, company pension, free staff meals and free staff parking. If you want to be part of a company that are passionate about quality ingredients and local produce, then we'd like to hear from you!
Hours: Full Time (40 hours) full flexibility to work 5 out of 7 shifts on a shift pattern
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.