Catering ManagerLocation: Cairn Lodge Services
Job Code: CL078
Good food is at the very heart of everything we do. We believe good food matters. So we serve it where you'd least expect it - on the motorway. We were the first family run motorway services on the UK roads and over the past 40 years have grown to a business which has over 1,000 people working with us over six sites.
We couldn't do anything without our family of people working together to create long lasting positive memories for our customer. We are proud of our difference and we are constantly striving to do it better. We work with people who really care about food and where it comes from and want to share this experience with our customers.
Located on the A74(M) between junctions 11 and 12, Cairn Lodge Services joined the Westmorland Family in 2015. However, 2018 was an exciting year for Cairn Lodge. in Spring we opened a brand new Farmshop with hot and cold Deli, a Patisserie, hot food to takeaway and Barista Coffee. In December we opened our new Kitchen as well as refurbishing the Filling Station. In our Kitchens we make our own food as you would make at home, fresh every day using seasonal and local ingredients.
What we are looking for
With our brand new Kitchen now open, we are looking for a hands on Catering Manager to join our team to be responsible for the Kitchen, Production & Catering teams delivering excellent customer service and ensuring profit targets are exceeded.
- The main responsibilities in this role are:
- To lead and coach the catering team to deliver great service and standards.
- To be responsible for the overall catering financial performance and deliver on all key performance indicators
- To ensure all catering units comply with HACCP, COSHH, Food Safety and H&S guidelines
- To control wages, stock and other costs within the agreed budget while maintaining levels of customer service
- To be responsible for all stock ordering, holding needs and wastage for the catering units
- To deputise in the absence of the Operations Manager covering full site responsibility
- To be part of an on call rota to attend site/support incidents out of normal working hours as and when necessary
Our successful candidate will have experience of leading and motivating a team of people, as well as previous experience of working within a busy catering environment.
Sound like you? Then we'd love to receive your application and talk to you further
In return we will offer you fantastic benefits across the Westmorland Family including;
- Between 25% and 75% discount on most items in our cafes and shops
- Free meal allowance while on shift, as well as free tea and coffee
- 28 days' holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days and the opportunity to purchase additional holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of your probationary period
- Paid Volunteering day once a year
- An opportunity to grow your career with us
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: £25-28,000 per annum, dependant on experience