Cafe ManagerLocation: Cairn Lodge Services
Job Code: CL052
Located between junctions 11 and 12 of the M74, around 30 miles south of Glasgow, Cairn Lodge Services joined the Westmorland Family in late 2014.
Originally opened in 1993 by the gatehouse to Douglas Castle, once the family seat of former prime minister Sir Alec Douglas-Home, Cairn Lodge Services were successfully run as an independent family business until joining the Westmorland Family. Unfortunately the castle was demolished in 1938 but the gatehouse stands firm, providing a beautiful backdrop to the services and a reminder of our heritage.
We are proud to serve menus inspired by those on offer at Tebay Services and we have exciting future plans to develop Cairn Lodge Services, based on its larger cousin around two hours' drive south.
We are looking for a new Cafe Manager to join our team. Working closely with our Operations Manager, this role is required to ensure the food offer is delivered to the agreed standard and ensure an excellent customer experience.
The main responsibilities in this role are:
- To deliver all aspects of the catering offer as set out by the group catering team
- To ensure a high standard of visual presentation and present the food to the agreed look and feel
- To control wages, stock and other costs within the agreed budget while maintaining levels of customer service
- To ensure all Catering operations comply with company procedures, processes and SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) guidelines
- To support the overall site performance and customer experience as part of the wider site team
- To assist Cairn Lodge on matters of Health & Safety, Food Safety and Environment as and when required
- To deputise in the absence of the Operations Manager covering full site responsibility
- To be part of an on call rota to attend site/support incidents out of normal working hours as and when necessary
This position is section manager level with associated benefits.
Salary: £22-26,000 per annum, dependant on experience